Hospice and Palliative Care of the Eastern Shore
Click image to register!
Hospice and Palliative Care of the Eastern Shore is a non-profit agency that provides a special way of caring for people with
limited life expectancies. Hospice professionals and volunteers are
committed to helping patients live their last months, weeks, and days in as much
comfort as possible, surrounded by the people and things they love.
Hospice provides physical, emotional, and spiritual care through a medically directed interdisciplinary team of professionals and trained volunteers, including a nurse who is on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week; a home health aide; a social worker; a chaplain; and a volunteer, when possible. Hospice also provides bereavement care to families for up to one year after the death of a loved one.
Our services are available to people of any age, religion, race or illness and are provided regardless of the ability to pay.
The mission of Hospice and Palliative Care of the Eastern Shore is to support individuals and their families who reside in Accomack and Northampton counties in coping
with the dying process.
Our mission is...
- To enhance quality of life through comfort measures rather than curative measures;
- To care for the person's physical, emotional, and spiritual needs;
- To sustain one's dignity;
- To offer bereavement care to the family following the death; and
- To provide education to the community regarding end-of-life care and issues.
Contact us | View site map